Dental Self Care for Moms who deserve to be celebrated every day. So, if you’re a mom, it’s time to give yourself a gift that lasts a lifetime — the gift of great dental health.
We get it, moms are busy people. But even if you don’t think you have the time to take care of your teeth, you’ll want to find it. By giving your teeth the attention they need — just like you do for your family — you can help preserve your smile for decades.
8 Easy Steps to Better Dental Self Care for Moms
1. Brush twice a day for two minutes – You need all of that time to thoroughly remove plaque!
2. Brush properly – Go easy. Brushing too hard could hurt your gums. For more teeth-brushing tips, check out our article on how to brush.
3. Floss every day – This is the best way to remove plaque and prevent cavities from forming between teeth.
4. Load up on fruits and veggies – Sweets promote tooth decay and gum disease. But fresh fruits and veggies are great not just for your teeth, but for your overall health as well!
5. Get moving – Diet and exercise may help prevent periodontal disease, according to the Journal of Periodontology. Who knew?
6. Take time to de-stress – Stress can lead to teeth grinding, cause TMJ, and trigger canker sore and cold sore outbreaks. Try yoga, meditation or other relaxation techniques to take the edge off.
7. Visit your dentist – You wouldn’t let your kids miss a dentist appointment, so why should you? If you’re pregnant, it’s important to continue with regular dental exams.
8. Be a model mom – Your kids look up to you. Dentists know that mothers who make dental health a priority in their own lives set a good example for their kids.